New assembly line, expanded paint shop to accommodate Audi production.
VIENNA – Audi will launch assembly of its cars in 2015 at Volkswagen’s plant in Sao Josedos Pinhaisin the state of Parana, Brazil. The decision marks the revival of VW Group’s luxury brand’s output in Brazil. The Sao Jose dos Pinhaisfacility built the Audi A3 Sportsback between 1999 and 2006. The auto maker plans to launch assembly of the Audi A3 sedan from complete-knocked-down kits in September 2015, with the Audi Q3 cross/utility vehicle to be added in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Audi Gearing for Manufacturing Comeback in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.