In their first go at fourth-quarter production planning, North American auto makers are slating a 5.3% year-over-year increase to 3,728,200 car and truck assemblies, up from prior-year’s 3,539,300 completions. That’s enough to bring 2012 to a close at 15,625,500 units, up 16% from 13,471,500 in 2011, a year in which Japanese-make production was hampered by natural disasters in Japan and Thailand. The fourth-quarter gain includes an 11.2% increase in car output compared with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Auto Makers Set Strong Q4 North America Output Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.