AvtoVAZ made 23,183 Samara sedans last year through November.
VIENNA – AvtoVAZ, Russia’s largest auto maker, has ended production of the Lada Samara sedan, with the last of the line rolling out of its Togliatti plant in late December. The auto maker is hoping to shift buyers who would have purchased a Samara sedan, also known as the Lada 2115, toward the Lada Granta sedan. AvtoVAZ plans to continue production of Samara 3-door hatchback (2113) and 5-door hatchback (2114) until the end of 2013 in conjunction with the production start of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ Phases Out Lada Samara Sedan Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.