Automatic gearbox in current Lada Kalina sourced from JATCO.
VIENNA –AvtoVAZ plans to manufacture its own automatic transmission, says Vladimir Bokk, head of the Russian auto maker’s department for engine and transmission production. Bokk tells a company publication AvtoVAZ next year will launch a new manual transmission dubbed 2180, which is a modernized version of the current 2112 gearbox. An automatic version of the 2180 will follow later, but Bokk provides no timetable for the project. AvtoVAZ, which has produced cars since ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"AvtoVAZ Plans to Build Own Automatic Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.