W12 in production at Bentley’s Crewe plant.
Bentley is to become a 12-cyl.-engine exporter, now that owner Volkswagen has decided the ultra-luxury brand’s factory in Crewe, U.K., will become the center for all W12 engine production beginning next year. It means Bentley, the world’s largest producer of 12-cyl. engines, will ship the powerplants outside the region for the first time in its history, creating about 100 jobs. Bentley Chairman and CEO Wolfgang Schreiber says the sourcing shift is an important step for Bentley ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bentley New Home of W12 Engine for VW Group" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.