Plant supplies all gasoline engines for Mini brand.
BMW’s U.K. engine plant builds its 3 millionth engine, a 1.6L, 4-cyl. gasoline mill shipped to the auto maker’s Mini plant in Oxford, England, for a car to be exported to the emerging Indian market. More than 80% of the Minis produced in the Hams Hall plant near Birmingham, England, are destined for overseas markets, and more than 1.6 million have been exported since the car was re-launched in 2001. Mini made its debut in the premium-small-car segment earlier this year in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Manufactures 3 Millionth Engine at U.K. Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.