Daimler’s new truck plant on the outskirts of Chennai to build eight models.
CHENNAI, India – With expectations India will be the world’s second-largest truck market by 2020, Daimler is investing more than $900 million here to launch a new brand, with eight new models to be built at a greenfield plant capable of producing 36,000 trucks a year. “The center of gravity in our industry is shifting,” Daimler Chairman Dieter Zetsche says earlier this month at the opening ceremony for the new Oragadam truck plant near here. “For more than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler Truck Bets Big on India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.