Bielsko-Biala plant made more than 600,000 engines last year.
VIENNA – Fiat Powertrain Technologies Poland is scaling back its production plans for 2012. The Bielsko-Biala, Poland, plant manufactures 1.3L 4-cyl. diesel and 0.9L 2-cyl. TwinAir gasoline engines. Production totaledmore than 568,000 diesel and 45,000 gasoline engines in 2011. Originally output of 506,000 diesels was planned for this year. However, that number has been reduced to 410,000 units, resulting in 42 days of downtime in 2012. There already have been 20 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Scales Back Engine Output in Poland" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.