Assembly kits accounted for more than 60% of 2 million GM Korea vehicles produced in 2012.
GM Korea is denying reports by South Korean news media that it plans to outsource its entire complete-knocked-down-kit business to subcontractors in order to increase productivity and profitability. The General Motors Korean subsidiary exported 1.28 million CKD vehicles to various markets in 2012, with a large share going to GM Shanghai plants in China. The assembly kits accounted for more than 60% of the 2 million vehicles GM Korea produced in the year. “It is true that Tim Lee, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Korea Denies Plans to Outsource 1.3 Million-Unit CKD Export Business" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.