Truck maker sees logistical advantage in new facility.
Truck maker Hino will build a ¥3.45 billion ($34.1 million), 10,000-unit-a year manufacturing plant in Malaysia, due to open in the first half of 2014. Hino Motors Malaysia is changing its name to Hino Motors Sales Malaysia and the plant will be a stand-alone company, operating as Hino Motors Mfg. Malaysia. The plant is a 58-42 joint venture between Hino and MBM Resources, which owns 42% of Hino Malaysia. It will have about 300 employees. Hino says in a statement it has seen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hino Expands in SE Asia With Malaysia Truck Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.