Second shift to help boost supply of Civic models.
Honda U.K. introduces a second shift on Line 2 of its car plant in Swindon, with the production volume forecast to double to 180,000 units this year. The move, announced in December, adds 500 new workers, taking the plant’s total to 3,500. Honda says the move to a 2-shift pattern on Line 2 coincides with growing demand for its new Civic hatchback. In addition to the new Civic and the Jazz (sold as the Fit in the U.S.), Honda U.K. also will begin building the new European CR-V ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Adds Shift at U.K. Car Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.