New plant sited away from potential flood areas.
Bouncing back from the massive floods that wiped out its Thai production for months, Honda announces a TB20 billion ($674 million) plan to build a new assembly plant and expand its existing operation to raise its production to 420,000 units a year in 2015. The auto maker will spend TB17.5 billion ($587.7 million) to build a 120,000-unit assembly and engine plant in Prachinburi opening in 2015 and TB2 billion ($67.2 million) to expand annual capacity at its Ayutthaya facilities to 300,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda Thailand Launching Ambitious Expansion Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.