Output of new i30 3-door hatchback begins at Hyundai’s Czech plant later this month.
VIENNA – Hyundai Motor Mfg. Czech is looking for new export markets due to the economic slump that has taken a bite out of industry new-car demand in some European countries. Unlike some car plants in the region, Hyundai Czech’s 4-year-old Nosovice facility has been able to dodge the effects of the sluggish market so far. It launched a third shift in September 2011 and is on pace for record output in 2012. Original plans called for the production of 300,000 cars this year, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Czech Plant Eyes New Export Markets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.