Workers taking weekends off at most Kia, Hyundai plants.
Worker unions at both Hyundai and Kia in Korea are refusing to work Saturdays and Sundays for the third weekend in a row, seriously cutting into production schedules and thwarting management plans to improve productivity and profitability. Impacted are Hyundai’s four plants in Ulsan and its facility in Asan, as well as Kia’s operations in Hwaseoung and Sohari. Workers at Kia’s plant in Gwangju refused to work the weekend of March 9-10, but resumed weekend shifts last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai, Kia Workers Continue to Refuse Weekend Shifts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.