Czech plant built four Avia trucks through May.
VIENNA – Indian commercial-vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland will phase out production next month at its Avia Ashok Leyland Motors light-truck plant in Prague, Czech Republic. The company says the decision was made due to the current global economic slowdown. Avia Ashok Leyland, which manufactured 1,003 trucks and cab-chassis kits last year, only produced four vehicles this year through May. In recent months it was selling trucks from last year’s production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Indiaâ€™s Ashok Leyland Closing Czech Truck Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.