Industry officials confident in recovery from January downturn.
U.K. new-car production fell 0.3% year-on-year in January to 128,620 units, but the industry expects growth over the full year as newly introduced models move to full-scale production. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the January result was tempered by signs of a European market recovery, boding well for overseas trade. Production for the home market fell 6.2% to 25,239 units, while export deliveries rose 1.2% to 103,381. “U.K. car manufacturing made a solid start to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"January U.K. New-Car Builds Slip 0.3%, CVs Off 14.6%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.