Kia JV’s third plant will build China-specific vehicles.
Kia and its Dongfeng Yueda Kia joint venture breaks ground on a new vehicle-assembly plant in China’s Jiangsu province. The facility, which will house a technology research center and has a 1.2-mile (1.96-km) test track, will be operational in second-half 2014. A Kia spokesman says it will manufacture China-specific vehicles. Annual capacity at the plant in the Yancheng Economic Development Zone is 300,000 vehicles, but it is designed to expand to 400,000 units. Kia already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia JV Breaks Ground on Third Plant in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.