Soul plant capacity has multiplied since 2009.
A Kia spokesman confirms the auto maker and its employee union will discuss plans to expand annual capacity by more than 100,000 units at its combined commercial vehicle-SUV-passenger manufacturing complex in Gwangju, Korea. The Gwangju factory currently produces the Sportage SUV and Soul urban car, in addition to trucks and buses. It also assembles complete-knocked-down units of the Sportage and Soul for subsequent assembly in China. The expansion would entail investment of 171 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Plans to Boost Soul, Sportage Output at Korea Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.