U.K. car production up 10.2% in 2012 despite September slump.
Falling demand from mainland Europe sees U.K. vehicle production fall 7% to 137,799 units in September. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders reports passenger-car output dropped 5.8% to 128,192 units, while commercial-vehicle builds dived 20.2% to 9,607. The result left 9-month U.K. production down 7.8% to 1,165,591 units, with car output rising 10.2% to 1,083,276 and CV builds off 7.5% to 82,315. U.K. engine production dropped 12.8% last month to 213,052 units, leaving the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Market Slump on Continent Cuts Into U.K. Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.