Mazda begins construction of a ¥26 billion ($257 million) transmission plant in Thailand that will build 400,000 Skyactiv transmissions a year when it opens in 2015. The Thai plant, combined with output from the Hofu facility in Japan, will raise Mazda’s Skyactiv transmission production capacity to 1.54 million units annually. Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony in Thailand's Chonburi province, Mazda Vice Chairman Seita Kanai says the Thai plant, which will employ 500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Building Skyactiv Gearbox Plant in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.