Local CX-5 production in works just months after Malaysia launch.
Mazda begins talks with Bermaz Motor on a joint-venture production and sales company in Malaysia. Contract assembler Inokom has been producing Mazda3 compacts for the Malaysian market since January 2011. The Japanese auto maker says the proposed JV with Bermaz would involve local assembly of 3,000 Mazda CX-5 cross/utility vehicles a year starting early in 2013. Bermaz is Mazda's regional sales company in Malaysia. It is fully owned by local investors with Berjaya Corp. as its major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda, Malaysian Distributor Discussing Production JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.