Putin and Mazda CEO Takashi Yamanouchi sign first Russian-assembled Mazda CX-5.
VIENNA – Russian President Vladimir Putin joins top managers of Mazda and local auto maker Sollers to celebrate the start of car assembly at the new 50-50 joint venture Mazda Sollers Mfg. Rus in Vladivostok. Mazda Sollers has launched pilot assembly of the new Mazda CX-5 cross/utility vehicle from semi-knocked-down kits sourced from Japan. Volume assembly begins Oct. 1 at the plant in Eastern Russia. The all-new Mazda6 will be added later. Mazda is the fourth Japanese auto maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda, Sollers Celebrate Launch of Assembly in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.