Hyundai Eon’s premium styling overtaking competing Maruti model in export markets.
MUMBAI – Global auto makers are establishing or expanding operations in India not only to meet domestic demand but also to serve more than 110 foreign markets. Exports of India-built passenger vehicles over the past five years soared 155.6% to 507,318 in the fiscal year ended March 31. Hyundai India, established 16 years ago, accounted for 237,535 of those exports, 47% of the total, while domestic auto maker Maruti Suzuki contributed 127,372, roughly one-fourth. Nissan India ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"More Global Auto Makers Making India Their Small-Car Export Hub" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.