Nissan celebrated 25 years manufacturing at Sunderland last September.
Nissan plans to manufacture a new C-segment car at its Sunderland plant in the U.K. in 2014, the second all-new hatchback announced since March. Production capacity for the newest model, which will compete with the Ford Focus and Volkswagen Golf, will be about 80,000 units annually, triggering the need for an additional shift. This will see both production lines operating around the clock for the first time in the plant’s 26-year history, a move that will raise manufacturing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan to Add Second New Hatchback at Sunderland in 2014" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.