Production for the home market surged 21.1% in August, while export builds climbed 14.8%. After eight months, domestic output was up 25.7% and export activity was down 1.8%.
U.K. auto makers boosted production 16.2% year-on-year in August to 91,282 units, with domestic demand fueling most of the increase. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says last month’s output typically is the year's smallest number due to summer and retooling breaks. But the third successive monthly gain raised year-to-date volumes 3.1% to 984,545 units. Despite August’s typical slowdown, “The past 12 months has been the most productive since late ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Summer Slowdown for U.K. Auto Makers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.