National auto maker increasing plant capacity.
Malaysian first-half new-vehicle sales edged up 1.4% to 301,224 units, with national auto maker Perodua outpacing the industry with a 17% jump to 92,900. The Malaysian Automotive Assn. reports new passenger-car sales of 265,855 units were up 201 from a year earlier for an 88.3% share of the market, while commercial-vehicle sales rose 12.1% to 35,369 units for an 11.7% share. With the end of supply disruptions from the floods in neighboring Thailand, MAA is maintaining its full-year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Perodua Leads First-Half Sales Uptick in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.