New plant’s output earmarked for Camry, Camry Hybrid.
Toyota Australia begins pre-production trials of its new A$330 million ($339 million) 4-cyl. engine plant at its Altona manufacturing site outside Melbourne. The first build of 30 units is designed to ensure the new machinery is working at capacity and the engines produced meet Toyota’s quality standards. Casting, assembly and machinery operations are housed under the same roof to improve efficiencies. The factory, replacing an engine plant built in 1978, is expected to begin ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pre-Production Trials Start at Toyota Oz Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.