New model based on Tuah concept sedan.
Malaysian auto maker Proton delays the March 17 launch of its newest model, codenamed the P3-21A. The Business Times quotes unnamed sources as saying the postponement is related to components, design, readiness and cost. “There are last-minute design changes,” one source says. “The hot-press forming parts are also still being produced using soft tools air-freighted in from Germany.” The sources say the production forecast for March had been reduced to 600 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Production Snags Delay Proton Model Launch " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.