Cut will idle 80-100 workers on Twizy line.
MADRID – Is the Twizy EV destined to become the biggest disaster for Renault’s Valladolid, Spain, assembly plant since the Modus? Perhaps. The French auto maker has cancelled the second production shift for the model only four months after implementation, idling 80-100 workers. Renault says the shift has served its purpose, having produced enough units to cover advance orders from European dealers, and output now can be lowered to an annual rate of 20,000 vehicles. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Renault Cuts Second Shift for Twizy EV in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.