Winterkorn: SEAT fundamental piece of VW’s global strategy.
MADRID – SEAT is revising its 2012 production slate to 380,000 vehicles, down 97,000, or 20.3%, from original targets for the year but still 27,000 units more than in 2011. The cuts will be achieved by using flexible measures previously agreed to by the SEAT works council. Some Saturday shifts will be canceled at the Martorell plant near Barcelona. The facility also will be closed Oct. 8-11 proceeding a Spanish national holiday Oct. 12. The most affected model will be the Ibiza, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SEAT to Slash Spanish 2012 Production; VW Denies Thoughts of Divestiture " is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.