Elantra sales up 36.8% in first quarter.
Hyundai says it will add a third shift at its Montgomery, AL, plant, which should bring total output this year to 345,000, WardsAuto learns. The factory, established with a 300,000-unit annual capacity, is home to the hot-selling Elantra compact and Sonata midsize passenger cars. Adding the third shift equates to 20,000 additional units beyond the 325,000 Hyundai planned to build there this year, plant spokesman Robert Burns says. Hyundai has struggled to meet demand for both sedans, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Third Shift to Boost Hyundai Output to 345,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.