Additional shift will double annual output, raise employment one-third.
VIENNA – Toyota Motor Mfg. Russia introduces a second shift at its plant in St. Petersburg. With the second shift, annual capacity will double from 25,000 to 50,000 vehicles. “This second-shift launch is the most significant production ramp-up at TMMR since the start of production at the St. Petersburg plant,” TMMR President Yoshinori Matsunaga says in a prepared statement. The new second shift adds 600 jobs to the St. Petersburg plant’s current workforce of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Russia Adds Second Shift at St. Petersburg Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.