U.K.-built Mini exported to more than 90 countries.
U.K. car production has its biggest year-on-year monthly increase of 2013, jumping 17.4% in October to 160,854 units on the back of rising domestic demand and a recovery in deliveries to mainland Europe. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the improvement raised year-to-date production 5.4% to 1,286,287 units. The build for the home market soared 52.4% for the month to 30,672 units, while exports grew 11.4% to 130,182. SMMT CEO Mike Hawes says about 50% of U.K. car exports go ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Output Gets Lift From Recovering EU Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.