Car output through July up 15.1% from like-2011.
U.K. passenger-car production jumped 22.2% in July to 119,882 units, for the 13th consecutive monthly increase. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the latest result boosted year-to-date output to 875,998 units, a 15.1% improvement compared with like-2011. “Car manufacturing continued to perform well,” SMMT CEO Paul Everitt says in a statement. “While uncertainty in Europe remains a challenge, the £6 billion ($9.4 billion) investment committed to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Production Increases for 13th Straight Month" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.