Nissan Sunderland plant among U.K. production leaders.
U.K. car manufacturing topped 1 million units year-to-date as September saw output climb 9.9% from like-2012 to 140,888. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders data shows the monthly result raised the 9-month build 3.9% to 1,125,433 units. SMMT CEO Mike Hawes says the September rise in car production demonstrates the sector is one of the region’s biggest success stories of recent years. “This year alone, more than £2.6 billion ($4.2 billion) has been committed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Production Tops 1 Million Year-to-Date" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.