Vauxhall claims top spot among CV makers for 11th straight year.
U.K. car production smashed its export record in 2012 with volumes rising 7.8% to 1,212,031 units as total output climbed 9% to 1,464,906 units, the highest level since 2008. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Paul Everitt says 2012 was a very good year for U.K. car production, and the outlook for 2013 remains positive. Demand in many faster-growing global markets is offsetting continued weakness in European economies, he says in a statement. “The £6 billion ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Vehicle Output Up 9% in 2012; Engine Builds Flat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.