U.K. auto makers enjoyed a steady production start in January, indicative of an anticipated strong year, with builds up 1.2% from year-ago to 129,049 units. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says domestic demand boosted output of cars built for the U.K. market 26.1% to 26,938 units, while those made for export fell 3.8% to 102,111. Independent analysts suggest U.K. car production could grow a third bigger by 2016, approaching 2 million vehicles annually, the SMMT ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Vehicle Production Gears Up for Strong Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.