Caddy would challenge Ford Transit Connect.
FRANKFURT, Germany – Volkswagen may produce light-commercial vehicles in the U.S., Eckhard Scholz, CEO of VW’s commercial-vehicle division, tells WardsAuto at the auto show here. Volkswagen LCVs currently are manufactured in Germany, Poland, Brazil and Argentina. The auto maker is seeking to boost its global presence in the segment. The next step in VW’s global strategy is to step up activity in South America. “Then the big issues come – China, Russia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen May Build Light-Commercial Vehicles in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.