New engine plant to be built near VW’s existing car factory in Kaluga.
VIENNA – Volkswagen’s planned new engine plant in Kaluga, about 112 miles (180 km) southwest of Moscow, is the latest piece in the German auto maker’s strategy to reach annual sales of 500,000 vehicles in Russia. Volkswagen Group Rus already operates a car plant in Kaluga, which assembles the VW Polo sedan and Tiguan cross/utility vehicle, as well as Skoda Fabia and Octavia cars from completely-knocked-down kits. The engine factory will be located near the car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Aims for Half-Million Sales Mark in Russia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.