June production sees shift toward home market.
A robust first half sees U.K. car-manufacturing volume rise 3.5% to 791,314 units after June’s 3.7% increase to 136,419 was driven by a 16.5% jump in production for the home market. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Mike Hawes says the U.K. industry benefited from a raft of new-model introductions, with more anticipated. “With several manufacturers having started assembly of new models this year and billions of pounds of investment still to reach production fruition, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"First-Half U.K. Car Output Up 3.5%; CVs Down 23%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.