Malaysia-built Elantra Sport models to cost one-third less than predecessors.
Hyundai Thailand sources its all-new Elantra Sport from Malaysia, allowing it to use preferential tariffs to slash prices compared with the previous version. Prices for the C-segment car range from TB749,000 to TB898,000 ($23,311 to $27,949) compared with TB1.1 million to TB1.2 million ($33,862 to $37,286) for the previous models. Hyundai has assembly plants in Malaysia and Indonesia. Hyundai Thailand President Hideki Yanagisawa says the assembly facilities in Malaysia are advanced and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Hyundai Thailand Builds New Elantra Sport in Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.