Exports keep Nissan Sunderland plant busy.
U.K. car production rose 12% to 142,158 units in March as European demand for cars strengthened. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the latest result raised the first-quarter output 2.9% to 404,803 units. Almost 80% of cars manufactured in the U.K. are for global export markets. SMMT CEO Mike Hawes says in a statement the March growth is a significant step forward after a period of product changes at the start to the year. “After several years in the doldrums, European ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Car Production Rises Along With European Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.