By Jake Sherman WASHINGTON, Feb 24 (POLITICO) - The namesake of one of the world's most storied automakers will come to Capitol Hill Wednesday to offer a public apology and clear up confusion over what caused deadly defects that lead to the recall of more than eight million Toyotas. Akio Toyoda, whose grandfather founded the Japanese auto giant, is being trailed by a horde of Japanese media on his way to Capitol Hill, and he is seeking to save the company's damaged reputation. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"POLITICO-CEO aims to save Toyota image" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642