By Kendra Marr WASHINGTON, July 30 (POLITICO) - DETROIT, Mich. - President Barack Obama on Friday wrestled to reclaim the meaning of one of the most charged words in Washington's political lexicon: bailout. After touring a Chrysler assembly plant here, Obama fought back against attacks that his government overreached when it provided billions of dollars to bring Chrysler and General Motors back from the "brink of liquidation." "There are a lot of folks in Washington who said it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"POLITICO-Obama: Auto industry on right road" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.