By Carrie Budoff Brown WASHINGTON, July 31 (POLITICO) - One day after visiting two Michigan auto plant, President Barack Obama on Saturday declared the federal government's rescue of domestic automakers a success and chided "naysayers" who wanted to walk away from the troubled industry. "There's no doubt that we have a long way to go and a lot of work to do before folks here and across the country can feel whole again," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address. "But what's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"POLITICO-Obama: 'pay off' From auto bailout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.