By Jake Sherman WASHINGTON, Feb 23 (POLITICO) - The chairman of the Energy and Commerce subcommittee investigating Toyota's massive recall said both the automaker and its government regulator have "a lot of explaining to do." Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) said Tuesday morning that Toyota misled the public and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration bought into the automaker's flawed explanation about sudden inexplicable acceleration. Toyota executives claimed that floor mats or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"POLITICO-Stupak: Toyota has 'explaining to do'" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642