By Jake Sherman WASHINGTON, Feb 23 (POLITICO) - A top American Toyota executive isn't even sure that his company's massive recall of cars will solve the mechanical problems. James Lentz, the American president of Toyota, said under questioning that the recall might "not totally" fix the rapid acceleration problem that caused a rash of deaths and severely damaged the company's global image. Lentz promised the company would continue to look for problems. Lentz's comments under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"POLITICO-Toyota exec: Recalls may not solve problem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.