Auto maker confident it can compete in open market.
Malaysia’s People's Alliance opposition party is wrong to call for quick cuts to vehicle prices as part of its campaign for the May 5 federal election, a former Proton official says. “In my view, the reductions can be done, but they must be studied thoroughly and various aspects have to be taken into consideration,” ex- CEO Tahir Zainal tells the government’s Bernama news agency. “Many stakeholders are involved, because this not a small industry but a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ex-Proton CEO Urges Caution on Vehicle Price Cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.