The incoming Australian coalition government, calling the previous Labor government’s fringe-benefits tax (FBT) a job-destroying hit on the auto-leasing industry, says the measure is “dead, buried and cremated” with its victory in the federal election. The latest figures show the Liberal-National coalition won 89 seats in the House of Parliament to Labor’s 57. The previous election saw the two parties deadlocked at 72 seats apiece, but Labor ruled with the backing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"New Oz Government to Kill New Tax on Leased Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.