Hiriko developed with $20 million in subsidies from Spain.
MADRID – The Spanish government, pressured by the European Commission to reduce its deficit by nearly half this year, slashes subsidies for purchases of electric vehicles. The E72 million ($96 million) incentives program was launched in May 2009, but only slightly more than 300 EVs had been registered in Spain by the end of that year. Of those, only 20 were registered by individuals, the rest going to various agencies and departments of the country’s central and regional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spain Drastically Cuts Subsidies for EV Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.